পৃষ্ঠাসমূহ

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Brown Spot Disease Of Rice

Brown spot of rice is caused by the pathogen named Bipolaris oryzae ( imperfect stage ) or ( Cochliobolusbolus miyabenus ( perfect ). This fungus can infect both mature rice plant and seedlings of rice. This disease has great economic importance because Bengal Famine was occurred in 1942 and 2 million people died in that area due to yield loss of 60- 90%.

There are so many collateral host of this fungus. They are Cynodon dactylon, Digitaria sanguinalis, Setaria italica, Leersia hexandra, Pennisetum tyhoides, Echinochloa colona etc.


If there are relative humidity more than 90%, it is a cloudy day, temperature range is between 25 degree to 35 degree, we must be careful in that day. Because those are favorable condition of this pathogen. In this time, if we apply high N- fertilizer, it will give extra advantage to the pathogen. Mainly this pathogen or fungus disseminated by wind. So must be careful, so that we can protect our rice plants.

Collateral host, stubble or straw of rice and seeds are the main source of inoculation of this fungus.

Symptoms:
Major infestation is seen on the leaf of plant. It also attacks glumes, coleoptiles, leaf sheath and seedling. It causes blight of seedling when it attack at seedling stage. Colors of the spots on the leaves is brown ( that is why the name of the disease is brown spot of rice ), shape is round to oval and size is 0.5 mm to 2 mm wide and 2 mm to 5 mm in length. At first spots are separate from each other but at later they may coalesce and become large. The coalesce spots form a large patches on leaves ( it is one of the characteristic symptoms ) of withered tissue. The middle or central part of the spots are gray or pale or dirty white in color and the margin of the spots are dark brown in color ( it is one of the characteristic symptoms ). In some leaves yellow halos are found in the center of the spot. At later whole leaf become yellow and dry. When grains are infected, grains become dark brown to black in color and later grains are shriveled.

Description of the Bipolaris oryzae:
Mycelium of this fungus grayish black in color. Mycelia are septate and branched. It's conidiophore is brown in color and remain as straight or slightly curved. Conidia are usually curved and tapering towards the end. Mycelium are germinate from two end of the conidia. So this fungus are belong to the Bipolaris Genus.

Disease cycle:
Though this disease disseminated by wind, it overwinters around the affected field. Different weeds are host collateral host of this pathogen. This fungus also overwinters into the infected seeds and stubble that remain in the field after harvesting crops. At first symptom is seen on the coleoptiles. On the collateral host conidia is produced by the fungus and spread through wind and this conidia cause secondary to the rice plant. At favorable condition conidia start to germinate and penetrate to the host tissue. After 3-4 days of infection symptoms are shown on leaves.

Systematic position:
Division: Eumycota
Sub-division: Deuteromycotina
Class: Hypomycetes
Order: Moniliales
Family: Dematiaceae
Genus: Bipolaris
Species: Bipolaris oryzae 

Management:
prevention measure

1. We must apply balance fertilizer for insuring the proper crop nutrition.
2. We should avoid water stress condition.
3. Also good drainage system is needed.
4. We must use healthy seeds for seedling.
5. We must avoid excessive use of N fertilizer.
6. Field should be weed free and stubble free.
7. We may cultivate brown spot disease resistant variety.
8. During preparation of seed bed we should prefer wet seed bed becacuse in dry seed bed pathogen is higher in dry seed bed than wet seed bed.

chemical control
Seed should be treated by dithane M-45 or Provex 200 at the rate of 2.5 g per kg of seeds.
Chemical control is done due to severe attack of the pathogen. But we must apply fungicide after taking the suggestion of the government agricultural officer. Cu fungicide like Cupravit is very effective and can control the disease.

6 comments:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Fatal Familial Insomnia ,Dupuytren's disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis,Shingles, Diabetes,Epilepsy,Infertility, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make this testimony public and as a sign of gratitude to Dr Bharat. On how he saved my husband from Huntington's disease with his herbal medicine called BUJA, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this disease.
    My husband suffered Huntington disease and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was all i have and the symptoms were terrible, my husband experience hallucination, depression, anxiety, abnormality walking, involuntary movement and memory impairment. We tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him instead the situation got worsen each day that passes by. I spent much money yet no improvement, I really do not want my husband to die so i searched for a cure on the internet and i bumped into a testimony of (Ronda Jasil) who got cured from Huntington's disease. and she left the e-mail address of the Herbal doctor who has the cure of Huntington disease. I never imagined Huntington's disease has a cure until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one month we started seeing improvement, now is been 1year and 6 months my husband is okay and full of life again. Huntington's disease has a cure and it is a herbal medicine called BUJA. contact doctor Bharat now on dr.bharatkings@gmail.com Thanks for reading my testimony

    ReplyDelete

  5. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

  6. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their email at ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete